I’m raising it for Redcliffe
The future of healthcare begins with research. I invite you to join with me to carry on the legacy – as a founding member of the Raise it for Redcliffe Hospital ‘Research Giving Circle’.
Redcliffe Hospital has a proud record in pioneering new models of quality patient-centred care, and the benefits are felt every day at Redcliffe Hospital and beyond.
As a founding member of the Research Giving Circle, you can champion even more innovative and collaborative research by Redcliffe Hospital staff – by helping to secure an inaugural Senior Nursing Researcher position. In partnership with a leading university, this priority role would champion and undertake world-class research, provide dedicated support for staff in their research, and mentor early-career researchers.
The result? Advancing evidence-based healthcare for an even better experience for patients and their families.
I am seeking 10 people who have the vision and capacity to give $2500 or more towards an advance Matching Gift before Redcliffe Hospital Giving Day on 13th October. Your gift will be used to match donations from the community to raise a total of $50,000. More importantly, you will help secure the Senior Nursing Researcher position to commence in January 2022.
Now leading the way for research at Redcliffe Hospital is Dr Joel Dulhunty, (pictured) Redcliffe Hospital’s Director of Research and Medical Education. Joel and his wife recently cycled more than 2500 kilometres from Cairns to Redcliffe to Raise it for Redcliffe. He pledged one dollar for every kilometre he rode to raise funds for research at Redcliffe Hospital. Joel says: “This challenge is how I can give back to the hospital and raise awareness for important medical and clinical research.”
I have been privileged to get to know Joel over the years and have been impressed by his dedication to advancing research at this strategic location.
Will you join me in getting behind Joel and a new generation of visionary researchers?
Some key research highlights from Redcliffe Hospital include:
- First hospital in Australia to establish multidisciplinary follow-up care for ICU patients and families to reduce post intensive care syndrome.
- Key site for international clinical trials for more than 30 years with publications in leading medical journals.
- Innovative 3D printing technology research in Urology with Herston Biofabrication Institute.
- Collaborative research with UQ and QUT to improve outcomes for patients with cognitive impairment and those receiving rehabilitation.
- National recognition on ABC Health Report with Norman Swan for research at Redcliffe Hospital on managing fainting episodes.
- Multidisciplinary research training developed at Redcliffe Hospital now delivered across Metro North Health.
Raise it for Redcliffe is a partnership between Redcliffe Hospital and the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) Foundation. All donations made to the Raise it for Redcliffe ‘Research Giving Circle’ go toward Redcliffe Hospital research initiatives. Donations are tax deductible.
Gifts of $2500 or more may be payable in instalments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Added a profile pic
Added a blog
Donated to self
Shared my page
50% of fundraising goal
75% of fundraising goal
Reached fundraising goal
Thank you to my Sponsors
Dr Geoffrey Hawson